01 09 10

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Buying Christmas Presents Early

 


Last year I wrote an article on buying your Christmas presents early.  So how is that coming along?  It is 161 days until Christmas, about five months so now is a good time to start your Christmas shopping.  If you start now you can enjoy what you are doing and get the things you want at a good price.  When the Christmas holidays come you can always shop and spend more if you like….

            There are sales now that will probably not beat the sales at the holidays because business is slower so they are pushing merchandise at a good price.

            Just in case you didn’t read my article before, I have a large tote or two I put my presents in when I buy them;  that way I don’t lose them and can find them easily when the time comes for me to start wrapping. 

As I said in my previous post, I had a mother in law who had all her Christmas bought by August and throughout the holidays she would decorate and wrap presents.  To me that should make the holidays more enjoyable because you are not pressured to spend so much money all at once and buy things that you wouldn’t normally buy.  Not that I expect you spend a lot of money, but with the economy the way it is it doesn’t seem that your dollar goes as far as it used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment