01 09 10

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Planting Tomatoes

http://www.stitchthrutime.com/Planting_Tomatoes.html
 
 

 
I just planted tomato plants into my clay soil again this year.  If you want to know the best way to plant your tomatoes click on the tomato above and it will give you step by step instructions.  I have been successful when I transplant the tomato plants in this way unless of course it freezes. 
The first twenty-two tomato plants I planted about a week ago got nipped when it got cold and killed one, then the wind blew for two days.  Thankfully the tomatoes are hanging on and look pretty good for a rough start.   
I planted about fifty tomato plants on Memorial Day (I have such a good time on holidays.) 
Check out the instructions at http://www.stitchthrutime.com/Planting_Tomatoes.html on how to transplant your tomatoes, I do it this way for all the plants I put in the ground and have a great success rate.  It is a trick my Grandmother taught me when she used to give me flowers to bring home and transplant many years ago, I still have plants from her that I have moved several times to different locations and they are thriving. 
I also planted my squash Memorial Day and they are doing well, then I went out and bought more to plant this week.  I have a hard time going to a greenhouse, I always come home with more then I planned on, I am sure many of you have the same problem.
 
 


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment