01 09 10

Friday, July 26, 2013

Put your Old Reel Movie Pictures onto DVD and Share with your Family

 

            Hopefully you come from a family that loves taking pictures of you and the rest of the family.  You may have thought it is an unpleasant thing to be posing when you are younger but you will be grateful when you get older that someone cared enough to make a record of your life.

If you are older this was not as prevalent as it is now, the movie picture machines when they first came out for the public were very expensive while now they can be bought at a very reasonable price and are a thousand times better.  I just happen to come from a family where my father got on the bandwagon and bought a movie camera and took pictures of us.  It wasn’t that we had a lot of money but to him it became a hobby, he even had a dark room in the house to develop some of the pictures.  I have the machine we used to watch them on.  You could only run it for so long because the light bulb inside would get too hot.  I got  out the old projector other day to check on some of the motion pictures he had taken and even remembered how to thread it even though it’s been who knows how many years since he taught me.

            Since it has been some time since the movies were taken and they do deteriorate with time I took them to Costco to have them put on DVD so everyone in the family who wants one can enjoy them also.  It took a couple of weeks to have them converted to DVD but it was worth the wait.  After I got them back I got an e-mail from yes video.   I went on line and sent e-mails to my family inviting them to view the videos and if they wanted to purchase a DVD they can buy them direct from yes video since I gave them permission on the share folder in my yes video.  Some of the movie pictures have cousins and grandparents in them so I am sending invitations to not only my immediate family but to cousins as well. 

            It will bring your family closer even though you haven’t kept in touch through the years.  I think it is the duty of whoever has the pictures to share them with everyone, they don’t belong to just one person; they are meant to be enjoyed by all. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment