01 09 10

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

When Is the Best Time To Buy Christmas Presents

 
 

            Let’s say it is getting close to Christmas and you are in a frenzy trying to think what to get for Uncle John or your cousin Sue.  (Does this sound familiar?) You have one week left and you are in a panic, you have already overspent and this is not fun anymore.  To be perfectly honest, is this how you want to spend your Holidays?

            I knew a woman once who had all of her Christmas bought by August.  When the Holidays came she would wrap her presents, decorate her house and enjoy the season. 

            No, I don’t have my presents bought yet, but starting this next week I am going to put on my list start my Christmas shopping.  I have to have a list for groceries or other items needed when I go shopping or else I forget what I need and its not like I can just run to the store, the stores I shop at are about two hours away from where I live. 

 I have a few plastic totes at my home and as I buy the presents I put them in the tote.  The first year I did buy early I forgot where the presents were when the Holidays came or who I had bought for.  That is when I came up with the totes and it has made it much easier to keep track of what I have.  You may also make list of what you bought and who it is for quick scanning. 

            By doing it this way you buy a little at a time, you can get better buys and you get something that someone really wants rather than just a token to say I got you something and made myself feel better.  (I hate that)   By shopping this way I have given things to my family that have meant something to them that they can use. 

            Enjoy your Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment