01 09 10

Monday, June 9, 2014

Companion Gardening

http://www.stitchthrutime.com/Planting_Your_Garden.html


Many years ago I started gardening using companion gardening and I have been using it ever since.  If you are going to go to all the work of planting a garden you need to make sure you are not putting the wrong plants with each other.

Every year before I start to plant I make sure that I am not putting plants together that share the same bug or lower their resistance to disease.  It takes a little more time to research what you are doing but I think you will find you will be more successful in gardening.

You can pick up books on it or you may search the internet for companion gardening.  I also have on my blog who should and shouldn’t be put together like don’t plant potatoes and tomatoes together but carrots love tomatoes.  You may also go to http://www.stitchthrutime.com/Planting_Your_Garden.html and click on the gardening link for more information on companion gardening.  I think you will find the chart above quite helpful in your planting this year and next.

I also use companion gardening when planting herbs and flowers at my home and ranch so don’t just do it for your vegetable garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment