01 09 10

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Healing Herb Chart - Cayenne for Heart Attack?


Long before the prescription drugs available for all our ills they used to use herbs for healing.  They also used to die at an early age so you need to look at that before you throw out all your meds. 

            I came across this chart that I found very interesting concerning using different herbs for health problems. 

            I have a live rosemary plant in my kitchen in a five gallon container that I love.  I use rosemary in my cooking and enjoy having fresh rosemary whenever I need it.  This chart says it is a good anti-oxidant, I have always heard rosemary is good for your memory.  Maybe if you clean out your body you brain will be better?  Just an idea of my own…

            Cayenne is said to stop a heart attack, I have heard it is good for your respiratory so I have always taken it for my veins.  Years ago I was boating on Lake Powell on a first date with my husband and sliced the top of my hand open, it was bleeding profusely.  My husband (boyfriend then) had some cayenne pepper and poured it on my wound instantly stopping the bleeding.  The cut was bad enough that it should have had stitches, but being on the lake in the middle of nowhere this worked wonderfully.  Since then I have used cayenne pepper on many occasions to stop the bleeding, I think it should be in everyone’s first aid kit.

            Cinnamon is supposed to help lower blood pressure.  I keep a  jar of cinnamon on my kitchen table and sprinkle it on my honey toast in the morning for cinnamon toast.    Yeast Infection - In some studies, cinnamon has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections. 
Cancer Prevention - In a study published by researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, cinnamon reduced the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells. 
 

Now keep in mind I am not a medical professional so this is only my opinion, you should check with your doctor to see if some of these things work for you.

You might want to study some of these herbs; I have numerous books I have used as reference over the years.  Just be careful if you are taking medication that you check to make sure that herbs don’t interfere with your medication and cause other problems.  I myself am a true believer that you can be healthier with the herbs Heavenly Father gave us.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment