01 09 10

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Teaching Kids to Sew

 
     For Christmas a few years ago I bought my granddaughter a sewing machine, one of those small kitty toy ones.  Save your money, that was a horrible waste of forty dollars, we spent more time trying to get it to sew then actually running the machine, we finally gave up.
     I have a small craft machine that I set up on an old shoe chair from a department store for my granddaughter to practice on.  Right now she is working on straight lines, which is why she is using gingham scraps to follow a straight line.  We are also working on the reverse; next she will be putting two pieces together.  I would like her to make a baby blanket for her dolls to begin with, but first she needs to learn to run the machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment