01 09 10

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CREPE RECIPE

 

As I was going about getting ready to make breakfast I decided to get away from the pancake and everyday recipes that I routinely make for breakfast and instead make crepes.  I have had many a crepe and enjoyed them, telling myself I will make them sometime, well today is sometime. 

 I have been saving this recipe and it turned out really well.  My husband wasn't as impressed as I was as he is a pancake and eat the same thing every day guy, but I was very pleased with my resulting crepes.  (I did try it a long time ago and it didn't turn out quite as well.)

Whisk 2 eggs with 1 cup milk - skim, 2% or whole milk - whatever you have.

Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

1/2 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup flour

1 tablespoon oil

2 teaspoon sugar

3/4 teaspoon baking power

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 dash of ground allspice 

Refrigerate 20 minutes and stir before using

Heat an 8 inch nonstick skillet (I used a larger flat cast iron pan that I sprayed with oil as I try to avoid the nonstick skillets.

With a ladle or 1/4 inch measuring cup add 2 tablespoons batter to hot skillet.  Tilt and rotate pan to coat (I used a high spatula to spread it) and cook 30 seconds or until crepe is browned lightly on bottom and edges are dry.  Lift with a silicone spatula and flip over.  Cook about 5 seconds then put on a sheet of wax paper.  


 Continue on until all the crepes are done.  I spread my homemade plum jam on the crepe and put sliced strawberries on it.  My husband added strawberries and sliced bananas to his (couldn't find any whipping cream but I told him that was all right since we didn't need the extra calories.  If you have some put a spoonful on.

 It is delicious.  Just add whatever jam, syrup, fruit and nuts you have in the kitchen to your own special crepe.


No comments:

Post a Comment