01 09 10

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sage protects Cabbage

 

When I think of sage visions of turkey ready for the Thanksgiving feast come to mind.  Sage has become a part of my life.  I use it in eggs, roast, salads, stuffing, potatoes and many other dishes I cook daily.  I have multiple plants of sage that I harvest and use throughout the winter.  My grandkids love grinding sage in one of my many mortars to put in a dish we are making.

 Sage protects cabbage and all their relatives against the white cabbage butterfly.  It also helps with the flavor of cabbage.

 Sage grown with carrots protects them against the carrot fly and is helpful with rosemary (another one of my favorite plants.)

 Sage was long ago used medicinally in stuffing and meats to make more digestible.  The flavor of sage is unique and one that I have come to enjoy.  It is also said sage is good for your lungs.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment